BOSTON!!!


So, anybody who knows me well, knows since high school I’ve wanted to live in Boston, MA.  I’ve refused to give it up all these years and soon it will finally happen!!!! Last year, I applied to Neuroscience graduate programs in the Fall, while I was dating Nathan.  Well, in Dec. he popped the question and I decided being with Nate forever would be way better than going to Boston.   Marrying him meant that moving to the East coast this past August wasn’t gonna happen-Nate had another year of school left to finish his degree.
Even though being with Nate forever WOULD be way better than living in Boston, I decided living in Boston with Nate would be the ultimate. So, in Feb - March, I went to interview anyway, hoping to get in and defer for a year.  If nothing else it would be free trips to Boston and NYC.  I applied to several schools but my dream had always been Boston University.  I was so excited to get into the program, but had to call the director and tell her that I wouldn’t be able to make it that fall.  Unfortunately, BU doesn’t normally allow deferment, so the process took more time than expected.  If deferment didn’t work it would have meant re-applying, and re-interviewing, or attending another good school which had had already allowed me to defer located in NYC, but it was not my top choice.  Luckily, I had the help and support of the program director at BU who fought for me.  After hearing “maybe, I’m still working on it” a bunch of times all summer, I finally received a definitive yes! 
Nate found out on our 3rd date about this little obsession with Boston I have, so he has gotten used to the idea and is disappointed I don’t have the same desire to live in the South, but is just grateful I didn’t have the same passion to stay in Utah.  Finance is big in Boston so he is planning on getting a job out there, where we will be for 5-7 years while I get my degree.

He has already planned our entire drive out there, stop by stop.  We have already looked at Zillow, an online housing website, to get ideas of where to live. That was pretty depressing considering how expensive it is for such small apartments. Other than that- I can’t say how super excited I am for this!!!!
PS.  we risked our lives this weekend for a big thrill... SKYDIVING.  It was even more amazing than I expected.  It was so fun, and soooo scary.  Nathan even did like 4 flips during the free fall.  We did it at skydive canyonlands down in moab so the view from the air was incredible overlooking both canyonlands and arches national parks.  We were too cheap to get a camping ground that night so we brought some sleeping bags and slept out in a pull-out off the side of the road... Not the best night sleep I've ever had.

Comments

  1. Congrats on Boston! I'm excited you could work it out. You will have such a great experience. Yay for BU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooo hoo!!!! so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts