Logan, the Great Salt Lake, and the Dominican Republic


So these past few weekends have been family filled...  Last week Connie, Nate's mom, came to visit from Tennessee and we went to the Utah State Fair.  Nate did NOT win me a prize (but not for lack of trying)  but we did get great fair food (which basically means anything fried- in this case a Navajo Taco) and we went on a ride. Nate had a little bit of a panic attack on the ride.
ALMOST won me that big pig... see how close that ball is to the red star?
Right before the most exciting (for Kathryn) or terrifying (for Nate) day of our lives

Connie with her "frozen lemonade"
That night we went to the Pioneer Theater production of In the Heights, a musical that's storyline is based off a neighborhood in NYC- Washington Heights, which had many immigrants from the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Cuba.  It was a mix of rap, hip hop, and classic Latino music.  They did a really good job!  We did miss most of the BYU v. U of U game, which I wasn't too sad about after seeing the end.  We watched the last 20 minutes in a Chili's bar in SLC.  We had to keep our voices down because we were right in the heart of downtown Salt Lake next the the U campus.

Nate finally turned 24 last Wednesday.  He has been calling me old the past three months since my birthday, and now he's caught up. For his birthday I gave him something for a 4 year old, not a 24 year old, but he needed it: a divided plate, like the kind little kids use.  He can't let one food item touch another (he used to wipe his fork between eating different foods on his plate, at least he doesn't do that anymore). I made him this mint chocolate chip cake and we went to see the sunset at the Great Salt Lake in Layton.  

From girl's night the night before the wedding
This past weekend Danny, my brother, married Camille in Logan so we were able to participate and see the whole family. It was the first sealing I had attended since my own with Nathan and it was a great time to remember my own. I remember back when I was 16 and Danny had just gotten off his mission I was urgently trying to find him a wife so I could get some nieces and nephews...Well, now step one- marriage is finally complete, so I can start hounding him about the nieces and nephews  Camille is perfect for him and their wedding was so fitting.  They had a live band because Danny is a swing dancer and Camille sang to him; it was really cute and very impressive.  
Us in our matching wedding attire
We got to decorate the car... hehehe

Llizi is growing up!  She learned how to use her litter box :), however, after taking her to my parents house without it she seems to have forgotten.  I was letting her play outside and the little ball of spikes attracted the attention of an onlooking little girl. She came to inspect Llizi, then her friend, then 6 little children in the apartment complex were swarming around her within minutes. Llizi didn't handle her new-found popularity very gracefully, she hid in a bush and poked her spikes up. One morning I found a half eaten muffin on the kitchen floor that must have fell off the counter.  Since it wasn't exactly part of her diet she wasn't feeling too well the next day.  Let's just say I would have REALLY appreciated if she had used her litter box skills that night.
Curled up in a ball... CUTE!
Llizi can be rather difficult to get out of her favorite spot...under the couch



Comments

Popular Posts