Summertime- Santa Barbara in July and other happenings

My sister moved out to Santa Barbara for her husband's work. Now that she lives in a hot destination place, it was time to visit her and a bunch of the Price clan all gathered in California to explore.

We started the trip out with a quick stop at Santa Monica Pier.


 

I enjoyed this ride a lot more than Elliott,
he didn't cry he just kept asking to get off
 

 

 
Abby and Elliott both threw up on the drive back...
Elliott's got all over me, so it was rough

 

 



Then once in Santa Barbara, the rest of the Price's arrived we played lots of Jackbox games, as always when we all get together, my mom (and several others, but just need to highlight that my mom) hit some balls in the batting cages. (I also took a stab at it, and felt very impressed with myself when I actually hit some of them!)


  
We went on a "Laura hike"- which is what we like to call a short, easy hike in our family- to Nojoquis Falls
 

 

Missing Brian and Sam:(, they couldn't make it

 

We went to Solvang, a cute little Danish city and enjoyed some delicious ebelskivers and other yummy treats
 

We went to the children's museum
 


And of course, to the beach.
 

 

 

Besides our trip to California, we also had some fun in Boston.  For Mother's Day, Nate surprised me by signing us up to see the Duckling parade at the Public Garden where everyone's kids dress up as ducks and march in a parade for Mother's day.  It was adorable!
 


We thought it very well may be our last fourth of July, so instead of our usual annual BBQ, we decided to do a Boston fourth of July, and went to see the parade, then spent the day on the splash pad in the North End, enjoying some Ernesto's Pizza.


This kid loves riding on the trains

We also had some visitors pass through, Grandma and Grandpa, these pictures are from multiple occasions and different trips.

We took the ferry to Spectacle Island

On the Island

Went Kayaking on the Charles
 


Got this cool new shirt, also, can you tell this is his preferred way to walk?






Zeus also turned 1 amongst all this! Full grown but still 100% puppy!

Ended the summer with this kid starting in
the preschool classroom for the school year 
First day of school... that backpack :)

Lastly, I also am continuing to work on my caking skillzzz over the summer, tried my hand out with buttercream succulents. I really love it now, and youtube is the best teacher, I also kept practicing fondant with a cake for someone in the ward.
Made earlier in the year
Made for ward youth auction



Unrelated but I hosted this science baby shower for a friend
 in the ward also doing a PhD and I just love how it turned out




Comments

Popular Posts