Celebrating Nathan's birthday and preparing for baby's birthday

It was Nate's birthday last month so I planned a few things to celebrate.  He was super nice and started out his day at 6 am on a Saturday to come watch me swim the Boston Harbor.  After that we had a canoe picnic on the Charles River.  That evening we went out for Thai food.  (I don't like any asian food, so that was a real gift from me), then we went to a movie that evening. The next day we had some birthday cake with friends.
PB&Js on our canoe picnic
The very pretty heron on the trip
Thai Food birthday dinner
The gift I got Nathan. He's a big Bernie fan.
Coconut with dulce de leche frosting. SO GOOD!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Chocolate with raspberry fillling
This summer we planned to do a triathlon relay together with some friends in Plymouth, MA.  Nate ended up having some issues with his knee that kept him from being able to run, but I still did the swim in a relay with a couple friends from the ward and several other people in the ward also did it.  It was super fun and definitely a tradition we want to keep up each year, and I'm excited for next year when I can do the whole thing and Nate can participate.  Of course, he refuses to participate in the biking leg. 
Before the triathlon
Finishing my leg of the triathlon

As I mentioned, I also swam the Boston Harbor in the Sharkfest Swim.  It was a mile long swim and was super fun.  I did it as part of a team that swims it each year in memory of and to raise awareness for hydrocephalous. So supporting neuroscience research and getting to swim the Boston Harbor was perfect for me.  The water was much warmer than I anticipated, and besides it tasting disgusting, it was really fun.  Training for the events was good to keep me exercising throughout my pregnancy. 
Before the harbor swim

Swimming to the finish

After the harbor swim
I can't believe that I'm already at 27 weeks pregnant!  It has made me want to sew lots of cute things for the baby.  I've made these curtains, a car seat cover, a nursing cover, and this hexagon "quilt", the tutorial calls it a one-hour quilt, but despite not actually having to piece anything together, it has still taken me WAY more than an hour, and I'm not even done yet.  So, once I finish I think I'm done sewing for a while.  The nursery is coming together and we have the most important gear, but there is still so much to do. We also heard that we got a spot in the daycare we were hoping for near my work. I can feel the baby moving  now and sometimes see my belly move, Nate has also felt him move.  Climbing stairs and bending over have become difficult, and I have intermittent lower back pain and growing pains in my ribcage, but other than that I feel pretty good so far. We are getting really excited to see this little guy and know what he looks like and what his personality is like and every other little thing about him.
We painted little hedgehogs all over the one of the walls.
It was probably the hardest thing I've done in this pregnancy.
Those are the curtains I made.

Car seat cover I made
















Comments

Popular Posts