My Bro is home! #TomTomsReturn

Nathan went off to Albania without me, I know it was very rude, however I did choose not to go, so not AS rude.  So why would I refuse a trip like that!?  My little brother was getting home and it was the first chance in two years to have the family all together! So you'll hear all about Nate's trip in a separate post, (as I'm sure I will.... for the next year..... in GREAT detail....) But this is about my trip.

My brother, Thomas was in the South Dakota mission for the past two years.  We missed seeing him at my sister's wedding, family trips and reunions, and holidays, but now he is finally back!  He had a great mission, and we received weekly updates from him by email.  It was so great to see him again, and see the ways that he is so much the same, and the ways that he has changed and grown so much.  For instance, I literally wrote his farewell talk for him 2 years ago, but he not only prepared his own homecoming talk, but it was a great talk! 

It was also fun to spend time with the rest of my family and helpful that it coincided with Nathan's trip to Albania, so I wouldn't spend the whole time alone at home.  We got to see my sister's new house, hang out in SLC, take the dog to the airport to see his return, and spend a few days in Logan, where we had his homecoming party and were able to see some family.
We played ticket to ride, I didn't win :(

Me and Thomas


At the homecoming party

Dad and Thomas


Me and my siblings

The whole fam

Got my fix of dogs again

The required trip to Cafe Rio every time
we're in Utah since they don't have it here

I got to sleep with Scotty, something that is prohibited when Nathan is around

The bros

Thomas at the airport

Lunch with Grandma in Logan

Preparing for his return

Comments

Popular Posts