Christmas in Logan

So Nate and I were able to go to my parents in Logan, UT to spend the holidays and we had such a good time!  It was the perfect holiday!

When we arrived, there was NO SNOW ON THE GROUND!  Christmas isn't real without snow, so luckily it snowed just in time, on the 22nd, and then ALL DAY ON CHRISTMAS!  PERFECT.

We went skiing on the brand new powder, AAAH, AMAZING!

Mom and Dad
The whole bunch
Nathan resting his legs, first ski of the season :)
Me and Nate
Me and Mom



We played games. (It got pretty intense, I won Ticket to Ride, but had to promise Nate a week of doing the dishes, while still cooking a normal amount. It is debatable whether or not that little negotiaion was legit or not. He learned from the last time we made that deal and I just didn't cook the whole week.) But I did win Scrabble fair and square, I can't help it that both my Dad and Nathan had to choose their triple word plays to play non-existent words that I had to challenge.  I did lose miserably in Cover your assets, and Wits and Wagers though.

Our Christmas eve tradition is to put a nut in the rice pudding, and whoever of the children ends up with it get's the first gift of Christmas.  I went like 5 years in a row getting it when I was teenager, but haven't won in years, but this year I did!
 and I won this:

We saw family



We talked to my little missionary brother, please note that crazy hair.  He is doing awesome and loving it!





We got gifts
Nate got this manly looking pea coat
A super warm, black down puffer coat.  It took a lot of effort, but I got one of the last one's in my size and color.  (Thanks Mom and Laura :) )

and gave gifts
I made these wallets for my sister/sister in-laws











and we went to a few movies
The Theory of Everything, about Stephen Hawking and his life. Good movie despite all the cheating, two weird love triangles involved. But it was about neurodegeneration so that was cool.
Unbroken.  This story was very inspiring and depressing simultaneously, but mostly the movie felt very long, I assume it felt much longer to Louis Zamperini when it was happening though, so maybe that was the point.


and we ate



and ate



and ate

and Laura made my hair ombre, DIY!  Thanks, YouTube!



It was the best to be at home for Christmas!

We came home just before New Year's, so we were able to spend NYE in Boston.  They have a big First Night celebration we went to, we tried to get free tickets to The Nutcracker. The first 50 people there with First Night Buttons get in free.  That was a total fail, we got there like a half hour earlier than they start giving them out (2 hours before the show) and there were already far more than 50 people.  So we went to a comedy Improv show that was pretty funny instead. We were home by 9 and Nate was out by 11 pm.  I still made him wake up and share some Martinelli's with me though.












Comments

  1. Nathan's pea coat is a metrosexual city man's dream... so it's perfect for him. Sounds like y'all had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts