Vernal and Antelope Island

A few weeks ago my parents and I went to visit my brother and his wife down at their new home in Vernal, Utah.  Although it is small, it was a really neat place to visit.  We checked out the petroglyphs (designs carved in the rock by ancient tribes)  and the dinosaur museum, we also drove through Flaming Gorge and hiked to the Moonshine arch.
Besides the fun sightseeing, we were also able to spend time with family.  We played Ticket to Ride, monopoly deal Millionaire and phase 10.  As always, Price family games got a little heated. Sunday we tended the nursery with Danny and Camille to help them with their calling.
The following week was finals week for Nate so it was a busy week, but meant that this weekend he was all free for some relaxation.  We haven't been to antelope island and since we are trying to see everything in Utah before we move, we spent yesterday at the island.  We didn't get to see any antelope, but we got really close to lots of Bison (not buffalo, as the signs informed us) and went on a hike to Frary peak, the highest point there.  Actually, Nate hiked to the highest point and I turned back early and ditched him because the biting gnats were driving me nuts.  I forgot to get the keys to the car from Nathan though, so I ended up getting even more bug bites.
Today at church the Young Women did a musical number.  It was fun to practice it with them and teach them more about singing.  They could still use some projection lessons, because few could hear them, but I was still proud.


Comments

Popular Posts