Crandall Cabin Reunion and Special Announcement

First, we would like to announce some MAJOR news! Nate and I are expecting a baby!  WE ARE SO STOKED! It is due January 18th, I'm about 17 weeks along now so we still don't yet know if it is a boy or a girl, but we find out on August 20th.  I also don't have any intuition of what gender it might be, and kind of always pictured having my oldest be the big brother, but little girls are also ridiculously cute, so I'm ok either way. It is now the size of an avocado and I haven't felt it move at all, but have been trying really hard to.  I am now considerably fatter, but my belly still doesn't really look like its "popped". We are so excited and baby hungry and I am extremely emotional about it all the time.  I cried last time I watched a pampers commercial because I was so excited one of those cute little babies would soon be my very own. Physically, I'm feeling pretty good right now, I get tired really early in the evening, TUMS are my friend, and I have to eat pretty often, but most of the time, I don't feel any different than normal. 

First time parents with these first time grandparents



Baby is a thumbsucker!
Recently, Nate and I attended our Crandall Family Reunion with my mom's brothers and their families.  My family has attended our cabin in Victor, ID, near the Tetons together all our lives, but a couple years ago we had to tear it down and my Uncle had it rebuilt into an incredible Cabansion (a mansion-cabin), that was recently completed. So we had this reunion to celebrate its completion and break it in.  My uncle and his wife did an amazing job and put so much work into this amazing place,  they thought of EVERYTHING and were so generous to host all of us there, it was an experience I'm sure we'll all remember for years to come, but hopefully it's not too long until we are able to do it again. We had SO MUCH fun with the 30 of us that showed, and missed the many that couldn't make it! 
The "Cabin"

See-baby hungry... holding Benny
With the sis doing some shopping



Grandma's reaction to seeing the new cabin
Feeding 30 people takes a lot of groceries


Each day was full of delicious food and fun activities, including lots of competitions because true Crandall's thrive on a healthy competition.  Prizes were given for our apple pie making contest, Ticket to Ride Tournament, Risk Tournament, Milkshake making contest, Golf, Tennis, and Jet skiing. I made it to the final game of TTR, but took 3rd place :(.  And tied for 2nd on the pie making contest (ridiculous, but I trust my mom's opinion the most anyway, and she liked mine the most).
Team Kathryn and Lily with Grandma and coach mom


Lest you notice the inquality of the women doing all the baking,
and the men the judging, don't think at least one male didn't help out
Working away at our competing milkshakes



The big RISK game

A cousin Ticket to Ride game



All the competing ladies making the pies
The finished product... not too shabby...




Ready to put it in the oven!





Of course, we all used the recipe from the cookbook my Grandma made

Leaving it up to the judges to decide
The winners of all the trophies



We spent one day white water rafting in Jackson and then hiking Jenny's Lake in Grand Teton National Park, where we saw a bear and her two cubs RIGHT there, and we watched them for about a half hour wandering around. We also went Jet-skiing for one day, which I haven't done since before my mission and it was amazing, it was Nate's first time going, but he picked it up quick (but he is still a bit pansy on the turns).

Mom and Uncle David
These are the jerks that threw me in, really in my condition?
Nothing stops the cousin/brother trio
He's a natural!
Danny and Camille



Uncle Monte obviously won the jet-skiing trophy

My 89 yr old grandma on a jet ski ride.  Look at that terrified face


The Price clan (well, those that hike)
 

Mamma Bear

So so so CUUUUUTE
In addition to celebrating the cabin, the trip was in celebration of my grandma's 90th birthday coming up in November.  She has spent a considerable amount of time in the past 10 years writing a reader's theater of a story from my Grandpa's family history.  We finally fulfilled her dream and performed it for her.  Danny was a great James Whitmore and she loved (what she could hear of) it. I'm sure Nathan was offended by my "southern" accent in my one-line part


Brian and Lily at the fort

All the performers

Me and Thomas, our characters were weirdly married

Laura and Danny, the stars of the play, also weirdly married

The whole group

The Price family





Comments

Popular Posts