What happens when I'm all alone...


Wed. Feb. 20-
Where I am... COOL
Where Nate is...

So this week Wed. – Sun. night, Nathan is going out of town.  Since we got hitched in April we’ve only ever spent one night apart, so for me, this is going to be difficult.  A) of course, because I’ll miss him.  But B) because right now I’m not working more than 6 hours a day, so knowing he’s going to get home from school at a certain time motivates me to get something done.  For example, yesterday 30 minutes before I had to leave to pick him up I emptied the dishwasher and did all the dirty dishes.  Today, 20 minutes before he got home I put away the clean laundry and unpacked our suitcase (we got home from a trip on Monday).  So, without the deadline of him coming home I’m afraid that I will accomplish nothing but binge eating, watching lots of Psych, and maybe when I get some energy, reading. 
This show is so HILARIOUS!

Since I know my lazy self well, I’ve started this post to keep me from wasting this week away and gaining 5 pounds.  So… I’ve decided each day I will accomplish something interesting enough to report in this blog about (I do realize in previous posts I haven’t set the bar that high, and am sorry for that.)

Day 1 all alone- (Thursday)
So I have to say, it is seven o’clock and I have little to say for myself other than that, I was accurate about how lazy I would be without Nate here.  But since my day has been so boring I won’t fill you in on the details of my coach-potatoing. So, things worth mentioning:
I made from scratch some spaghetti sauce (This time I tried it with some carrots)
I am going to a movie with my sister (girl’s night so of course it has to be a Nicholas Sparks film)-btw, much better than I thought it would be...
I reserved our moving van for the big 5 day move to Boston (What what)
I starting planning our Grand Canyon trip for this summer-this is where we want to go:
Havasupai Falls
I planned our meals/ made a grocery list for the next two weeks(including plans to make these http://www.simplysogood.com/2010/06/best-chocolate-ice-cream.html  , http://www.simplysogood.com/2013/01/creamy-tomato-thyme-soup-cheddar-cheese.html (just the bread)... which sounds AMAZING... )




Day 2 (Friday)-
Once again, I didn't make it to the gym, although, I did put my gym bag in the car before work to make it easier if that helps.  However, I did :
Go to Zupa's and play scrabble with my college roomies, Pi and Er-dawg (I came in second by two points, DANG IT!) and then we went bowling, where I just straight up lost (I got 72 points, which sadly enough isn't my low score, it's a 38.)
Went through all the personal progress value experiences to see which one's I've already completed without meaning to (like 3 of them, SWEET!) and starting to work on one of them.  I figured since I hound the girls in my ward so much about doing it, I should try as well.  I'm excited about it because I think it will help me in my somewhat lacking scripture studies of late.

Day 3 (Saturday)-
Today I deep cleaned our kitchen/bathroom.  I picked up the bedroom and living room but left the vacuuming/dusting in those rooms to Nate (since he told me last year he has never dusted... like ever. WOW)
It snowed a freak ton all day so I cleaned the car off 3 times
filled out my Fafsa form
Payed rent
Went to the gym
Bought all the groceries on the list from Thursday
AND watched The Proposal... I love that movie a lot, and surprisingly I can't ever get Nate to watch it with me.  Very disappointing that it is a 43% on rotten tomatoes.
Day 4 (Sunday)-
Picked Nate up in Provo,  YAY!

Comments

Popular Posts