White Christmas



For Christmas break this year we enjoyed the time off with my family in Logan.  As it's reputation promised, Logan provided a cold and white Christmas.  We started off the vacation taking advantage of the fresh Utah snow and went skiing.  Since I met Nate I have been trying to convince him how amazing skiing is, and he never was convinced. But he said he'd try it to appease me, with the conditions that he only had to complete 5 runs and could go in for hot chocolate whenever he wanted.  He ended up enjoying it, and we even went again a few days later.  He surprised my parents and me with how quick he picked it up.  We raced once and he even beat me! (in my defense I was taking a black diamond powder way down, and he took the groomed blue square).
For Christmas we received a kindle, a handmade ceramic batter bowl, I knitted Nathan a stocking to match the one my mom made me, and some framed matching drawings of the SLC and Nauvoo temples. We prepared a music recital for my parents this year to show appreciation for the years of music lessons they provided/ forced upon us.  Laura and I did a clarinet duet, and all of us sang Love is Spoken Here. I think my dad cried.
After the break we came home for New Year's Eve and went to watch the fireworks in SLC on a random hill overlooking the valley. A couple days afterward, Nate had gum surgery and had to eat only smoothies for a week.  It was pretty hilarious to see him all drugged up.  I got him a Jamba Juice with mangoes, strawberries, and bananas, like he asked, but it also had some spinach so it was green.  He rolled his eyes and told me it was the best smoothie he'd ever had. Obviously his sarcasm shines forth even through drugs.
Now Nate's just busy with his 18 credit semester and I'm working some, but since it's kind of slow I have less hours and get to spend lots of time with my new kindle.

Comments

Popular Posts