Between Turkey and Santa

For Thanksgiving, we went to Kathryn's house and gorged ourselves on some delicious food. Kathryn's mom and her daughters are awesome cooks and everything tasted great.(Especially the stuffing, I could eat just that for all of thanksgiving dinner and be content.  The bigger the bird the better, not for the turkey, but for ample room inside it.-Kathryn).

Some of us went to see the new James Bond movie; I thought it was the best yet from this new line of Bond films. But the real winner was Lincoln, which we saw with my family on Saturday in St. George. If you haven't seen it yet, please do--it was spectacular. I hope it wins best picture.


Friday we began round two of Thanksgiving.  My family was having their big dinner then in St. George because my parents flew in late Thursday  night. One of the most entertaining moments of our trip to St. George to see my family was Pictionary. My aunts, uncles and some cousins were there and we all enjoyed listening to my uncle give a 20-minute (not hyperbole) explanation of the rules ("There will be no cheating, there will be no accusations of cheating" etc.).  By the time we actually played we discovered the teams were fairly uneven, but I was on the winning team so I didn't protest too much.

Kathryn insisted we have a live Christmas tree this year to "make our apartment a home" for the Holidays. I resisted at first but today we set it up and she was right, "as always".  It looks good and with the addition of my Grandma's old nativity, our house looks pretty festive.   

Comments

  1. Oh I wish I could've had a Crandall Thanksgiving feast. They're the best

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts