$$$, The Best Sport Ever, and G.C.

IT'S MY TURN NOW, PUNKS!

That's what I told Kathryn I was going to put to start out my contribution to our blog...she didn't believe me.  This last week we both were a little sick but had tons of stuff to do.  We kind of wished we'd either get better or just get worse so we could at least spend the day together chilling in PJ's and eating ice cream (you know, for the placebo effect).  Alas, Kathryn had work everyday and I had three midterms.  They all actually went really well, much to my surprise.  The highlight of the week was when Kathryn forgot her phone at work (that's not the highlight, I'm getting there) and we had to drive back at 10pm to get it. She grabbed it and, as we were pulling out of her work, she listened to her voicemail and let out a blood-chilling scream of excitement.  We'd just won a drawing for $200 off our rent.  We'd also almost just caused a $200+ accident cause she scared me half to death.  But we're alive and $200 richer!!   
In other important news, Kathryn's parents gave me a new racquetball glove for my birthday last month and this week I put it to the test, playing as much racquetball as possible this week.  I played better than I think I ever have, so I'm on a super racquetball kick right now.  Kathryn really appreciates the blow-by-blow reenactments and detailed descriptions I give her of my games. <Yeah, he called me at work this week just to talk about his game, and when he describes it to me, he has to have me looking at his make-shift diagrams of the court to explain all the moves.-From Kathryn>

Kathryn did some pumpkin carving with her young women last Wednesday.  She's excited that a new Iraqi family that is looking into the church has a 13 year old daughter that wants to start coming to young women activities.  That is great because there's only three young women currently. 

This weekend we celebrated our six-month anniversary by watching General Conference.  It was pretty great though. It's hard to pick a favorite but I think my favorite talk may have been President Eyring's in Priesthood Session about recognizing others' spiritual gifts and helping them see/develop those. <After one general conference talk about reaching our potential and not having regrets, he thought first about playing more racquetball.-From Kathryn>  Kathryn said what she liked most about conference was the theme of many different talks about true conversion and changing our hearts. I also really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk, as usual.

Comments

Popular Posts